How do I create this?
1. Make up your gingerbread recipe according to instructions. We suggest www.taste.com.au for a great gingerbread recipe.
2. Cut out the gingerbread shapes and bake according to the recipe. Allow to cool.
3. Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate buttons using a double boiler. Spoon the melted chocolate into the icing bag with the nozzle attached.
4. Pipe the melted chocolate onto the gingerbread people to make their faces and squiggles for their suspenders and shoes. Whilst the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle some sparkle dust over the top.
5. Using some small dobs of melted chocolate, attach some star cupcake candy for buttons.
6. Use some thin ribbon and put around the neck and secure with some melted white chocolate and a star candy to look like a necklace.
7. You can make endless colour combinations using the ribbon, star candy and sparkle dust. If you are in a hurry, instead of white chocolate you could use Queen Writing Fudge White Chocolate or Wiltons Ready to Use Icing tubes.
Gingerbread Cookie Cutter
Thin Satin Craft Ribbon
Icing Bag and Round Tip Nozzle suitable for writing
All prices are in AUD